Monday 17 August 2020

The Challenge Continues

 

In this hot weather, I have really been thinking about the 2nd Dragoons (Scots Greys) The figures are from the old Esci (set number 217) they were first made in 1985 and contain a total of 36 parts. There are 12 troopers, 12 horses and 12 stands made in cream plastic. Unfortunately they have stopped production of these, so I am glad that I have these in my too do box.

I brought two of these boxes at the time and they have been sitting around waiting for me to paint them. They were one of the largest cavalry regiments at Waterloo, so with 12 troopers in each box my regiment will contain 24 figures. I say 24 as there are two trumpeters, one in each box, but there is no officer in this set. What a great pity but there must be some way you can convert a figure into an officer?

There are some mistakes with this set, the shortness of the trooper’s swords and the horses lack the rolled cloak over the pistol holders on the front of the saddle and reins. Also the Horses tails should be docked or shortened as they were at the time. Other than that, these are great figures and I am going to leave them as they are.

Well meanwhile in this hot weather, I have cleaned them all up and stuck the stands to the horses and they are a better fit than the old Airfix cavalry stands. So now I have to wait for the weather to cool a bit so I can crack on with my coronavirus challenge. 

Not a great picture as it was a cloudy day

4 comments:

  1. Nice figures. Looks like with the up and coming stormy weather you should be able to get a lick or Two's paint on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so ray. Looking forward to doing these now.

      Delete
  2. I'll look forward to you giving these your usual excellent 'treatment'. A bit of work with a knife to remove belt and carbine should turn a trooper into an officer?
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James and thanks for a idea for the officer.

      Delete