Tuesday 4 February 2020

News from the Front

It was not that long ago that I posted about the three new Strelets*s Prussian Cavalry sets that we hoped that they would bring out this year. Well the good news is that on their website, they have given us pictures of the first set the Prussian Uhlans box number 228.

Picture from Strelets*r website 
There are 12 troopers with their horses and the sculpting of these figures are fantastic. As I have said before, that I do not have any of their previous Napoleonic sets but this one is a must for me. The only thing that bothers me, and some of the other fans of these, is that one is carrying a very large flag. Now usually cavalry regiments never carried flags in to battle and if they did, no way would they be this big. So I will have to think of what to do with this figure when they do come out. All of the horses are standing and not charging, which will not be a problem for me.

Including in this set are two civilians which look as if they are waving at the cavalry as they trot pass. These are okay and it’s nice that they have fought about the population in the towns that they pass through on the way to battle, but again I do not know if they will be on my table at any time. 

From Strelets*r website

No comments:

Post a Comment