Tuesday 2 July 2019

French Carabiniers 1815

Front
At last, the first batch of the 17 Italeri’s French Carabiniers for which it has taken me a total of seven years to complete. I started painting the 17 horses in 2012 and finished them pretty quickly but the troopers have been a bit of a night mare. The reason being is that there is not much information about what they were wearing at Waterloo. There are so many accounts of what they did and not wear it drove me crazy to decide what they should wear. Although the figures have some issues with the uniform, I love them.

It seems that most wargamers have painted them up in their parade uniforms but we know that is is not so but they do look really good in their white posh uniforms. So in the end I took a bit of this and a bit of that and I am well pleased of the finished results. I have painted them in much of their campaign gear and I have decided to keep their carbines, although some of the researchers said that they did not have them at Waterloo. The same goes for the badge plates on their helmets, as you can see I have kept mine on as it gives them a bit of quality for the French cavalry. I know my painting won’t win any prizes, but they will do for me. My second batch will be here soon.

Back


2 comments:

  1. Awesome carabiniers, great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Phil. After not painting for a long while, I was a bit worried about my painting skills.

      Delete