Friday 1 January 2021

Happy New Year from the General

 

A Very “Happy New Year” to you all and let’s hope that this year we can get back to some kind of normality. Well 2020 is going to be a year remembered for the all the wrong things. Wargame shows were cancelled for which I have missed very much last year. The output of plastic figures seemed to have done very well considering what has happen across the world. Hopefully it will continue and hope that there will be a few new Napoleonic sets for me this year?

Here in the UK we were put in our first lockdown from March for four months due to the Coronavirus first hit the UK. With not being able to go out and see family and friends, I set myself up for the Coronavirus Challenge. This challenge was to make me sit down and paint my Napoleonic armies. In months that followed I managed to paint a total of 94 figures completing two regiments. The first was the British 32nd foot followed by the Prussian 1st Pomerania reserve infantry which were finished on the 8th August.

 On the 17th August I stated my next regiment which is the 2nd Dragoon (Scots Greys) but due to the English football season starting, they have been on the back burner while I sorted out my football competition to get it up and running. Although we have had another lockdown for four weeks in November, things have not changed much as we are in yet another lockdown as the virus picks up in numbers in the UK. But now that the Christmas and New Year period are over, it’s my intentions this year is to finish off the 2nd Dragoon (Scots Greys) and complete some odds and ends that have been stored away for many years. I will also like to start painting some more new regiments but we will see what happens.

Now if you follow my blog then you will know that I do not do any pre-painting list for the coming year, so no New Year resolutions from me once again. If you look at my performance last year it was one of the best years that I have had on my blog with postings. So thank you for looking at my blog but hope that this year even more posts will be posted once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment