Saturday 29 February 2020

More News

Strelets*R have now released pictures of the last set of their Prussian cavalry sets the Prussian Hussars, box number 155. Once again I was looking forward to these but they are again disappointing as with the Dragoons.

All pictures from Strelets website
There are twelve figures and horses (which are at a halt) in this set. As with all of the three Prussian sets there is a useless standard bearer with a large flag yet another conversion? But I do love the other two in this picture the officer smoking his pipe and the trumpeter adjusting his hat.
Another thing is that the set contains five holding their carbines and not one with a sword in his hand. So are they out on patrol looking for the enemy?


I very much like the three cavalry sets due out soon, one hopes, as the sculpting of these sets are at their top for Strelets. I do like my HaT Prussian Hussars which I already have but I must think about these.


Again this set holds just two civilians in the set and they look great once again, if you buy all three you can make a little crowed waving off the troops.


4 comments:

  1. I'm with you General, waiting for these sets with much excited anticipation. Those civilians are the sort of figures that will prove most useful 'as is' or as conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James, I wounder if they will bring the civilians out in a separate box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is still a bit of intrigue around these isn't there. I won't object if we get a 'bonus' of three figures per box. I guess we'll find out in a couple of months, factory production delays not withstanding.

      Delete
  3. That would be great to get a bonus figure in each box. But with the virus going around, I cannot see any figures being released soon.

    ReplyDelete