The Hanoverian medal was instituted by the Prince Regent for award to survivors from Hanover to all ranks who served at the battles of Ligny, Quatre Bras and Waterloo 16th-18th June 1815.
The Medal was made of Silver and was 34.5 mm in Diameter. It was fitted with a steel ring and clip. The ribbon was crimson with dark blue edging.
The front shows the Bust of Prince George III facing right with the words – GEORG PRINZ REGENT 1815. On the reverse it has Laurels, standards with the words– HANNOVERSCHER TAPFERKEIT WATERLOO JUN XVIII. On the edge of this medal is impressed with details of the recipient. A total of 11,000 were made.