Saturday 4 October 2014

Not Required?

I am sorry for the lack of posts on my blog this year as there has been a big change once again in my life. One of the words that I hate in the English dictionary is “REDUNDANT” 

Last Christmas there was a lot of redundancies happening in my work place and by the start of April this year it hit my department very hard as all six of us was made redundant. So by the end of April I was out of work and now I have now been made redundant three times in my life time.
Now with a very good redundancy pay with after 14 years loyal service, I thought that I would have a couple of months off work and try to enjoy life. Although I have not many years left to early retirement, I had not had any inkling to do so at this stage of my life.

I hoped to do the garden as it was coming up to summer, which I did and it has never looked so good. I went on Holiday for three weeks but not all at once. A bit of decorating to cheer the house up and to start up my painting of my little army men as it has been over a year since I have completed any regiments.
It looked like that I was going to have a lot of time on my hands, but in fact it has been the opposite. It’s not as if I am getting up out of bed late or staying up late at night, but you do intend to slow down in what you do. Although we have had a very good summer here in the UK, when you are out of work, you don’t enjoy it so much because at the back of your mind, you wonder if there is going to be another job for you out there and if not could you survive on your savings. 

It was not until late August that I started to looking for work and I found that my profession, which is publishing, it’s a dying career. So most of my time is now spent on the computer looking for jobs. Bang goes the theory that I could get on with my hobby and paint from sun up to sun down. I have applied for a few jobs, but am too old or too experienced in my field. 
 
So now we are coming to autumn and there is less work in the garden to do. So I have come to the decision to save a couple of days each week to paint up my armies.
Also to start looking after this blog from which I had really switched myself off from doing any work on it. I even missed the 10,000 mark which happened this year and I would like to thank all of you who have been looking regularly here waiting for something to happen. I have under a year now to get ready for the 200th anniversary of Waterloo. Although money is getting a bit tight, I am hoping to go to the SELWG show again this year. So I will be reporting on that as I always do. So wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the job problems. Good idea to set aside some time for the hobby though. Just been reading through some of your other posts, nice work! I also wonder, do you know of a place one can order Barcelona Universal Models from? Anyway best wishes for both work and recreation and other life domains.

    ReplyDelete