Wednesday 4 September 2013

Donald Featherstone 1918-2013


It is with great sadness that I have learnt that Donald Featherstone died yesterday in hospital after a fall at his family home. He was 95 years of age.
Donald was well respected in the wargaming community and he was a popular war gamer and author to many war gaming books in the 60’s and 70’s with his first, War games being published in 1962.

I have been building up my collection of war gaming books over the last few years and I have only about three of his books out of all those that he had published. With a lot of the books being re-printed these days, am sure that I will add a few more of his books to my collection. Don’s books are always well written and they appeal to the novice and old war gamers alike. It’s a great shame to the hobby but let’s hope that his books will always be in print to remember a remarkable man to the hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment