Saturday 14 September 2024

Back in the Saddle

 

Finally after a period of 4 years, here are my first batch of horses for the Royal Scots Greys (2nd Dragoons) I usually paint all the horses first and then the troopers when I paint my cavalry units, why? I don’t know, but I thought I would change that and paint them in batches of six, but here’s nine of them. The Horses are from the old Esci set and although there are some errors with horses/troopers, they will still fit in nicely with the rest of the heavy cavalry that I plan to paint up. These are the first completed batch since 5th August 2020. I don’t know why, but I did not feel the urge to paint since then although I have picked up the brush now and then. I decided not to paint all the horses the same colour as most wargamers do, so I have mixed them up a little. Really pleased how these have now come out. Still let’s hope that I can continue in finishing these off as they have been hanging around for far too long.

4 comments:

  1. This is great news. You should be pleased as they look fabulous! Riders soon, I hope?
    Regards James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks James, yes they should be done in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed. Take care General

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Many thanks Ray, Troopers to be here soon, I hope

      Delete