Wednesday 20 January 2010

Painting Guide

French Young Guard Tirallieurs

Figures used: HAT 8034 Young Guard- 48 figures in Box

Painted in 2009

Before I started on painting this set, I cut all of the figures from spur and clean up any flash, which there is a bit on these. Then give them a good wash in warm soapy water. Once dry we can then start painting them.
Now I have no idea what you want out of this box but I usually use one box per regiment. As this box contains four spurs of the same figures, I then do not need to have all four officers in this set. So I have a Regiment of 45 figures.
Below is my painting guide to these figures painted in Enamel paints.

H= Humbrol
R= Revell

H25 Greatcoat, Officers Jacket
H34 Trousers, Straps
R75 Gaiters
H62 Backpacks, Hair, Musket
H61 Flesh
H53 Musket Barrels
R90 Firing Locks, Bayonets
H54 Musket Fixings
R7 Boots, Ammo pouch, Hat Peak
H16 Chin Strap, Ammo Pouch Badge, Buttons
R89 Hat
H60 Pom Pom
H80 Stand

Officers Notes
Officers Coat- Blue
Coat-tails Red trimmed with white.
Gold Epaulettes, Band around top of hat.
Gloves white.
Sword Scabbard-Gold




No comments:

Post a Comment