Tuesday 24 May 2011

Bargain!


For quite a while now, I have been going into Charity shops now and then just to see if there are any bags or boxes of old figures that I could use to fill up ranks or make new ones, but that has never happened to me as of yet. But at the weekend I went into one of the bigger Charity shops and to my surprise I found a classic paperback book by Philip J Haythornwaite “The Napoleonic Source Book” for a bargain price of just £3.
I know that a lot of wargamer’s use this as a kind of bible to the find out about a unit’s uniform colours involved in the Napoleonic Wars. As I was well happy to find this book and it was in great condition.
 I know that Haythornwaite has written over 40 books, most of them on Napoleonic Wars and most of them for Osprey paperbacks. 
To buy this book it will cost you £19.99 new if you are lucky to fine one or on Amazon for £5.80.
The Book contains over 400 pages which include Campaigns, weaponry, warring nations, commanders plus over 200 illustrations, quick references, facts and figures and much more.
I shall now try to find time to sit down and read this book and give you and review of this book as soon as I can.
So do pop into your local charity shop, you’ll never know what you might find!

No comments:

Post a Comment